Thank you Ahmed for nominating me for this fantastic award. I am very honored to receive this award…I have never accepted one before now.
I think I was too scared that I would not be able to comply with all the rules…but now I am determined to at least try!
So when receiving this award, here are the rules on what happens next:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Please help me to thank Ahmed by visiting his wonderful blog, myphotoblog.
I have decided to try and answer Ahmed’s questions to see how our answers compare so here goes!
1. What do you look forward to most when you first wake up? I hit the snooze button on my iPhone to get a little extra time to wake up…
then I have a Vernor’s Diet Gingerale…I generally don’t like diet drinks but Vernor’s is different,there is no taste of diet to it!
2, Are you a ‘night’ or a ‘day’ person? I am actually both, I go through periods where I wake very early and Olive and I go for long walks. I also stay up late or wake in the middle of the night and read or explore on the internet. I guess I would have to say that I must not need a lot of sleep….although after a long trip, I have been known to be able to sleep all day long!
3. What is your dream job, and why? I am close to my dream job since I work in aviation but I think I would like to be in an aircraft maintenance engineer. I think that it is fascinating to know all about the physical and operational attributes of an aircraft. I would like to be able to fly aircraft as well, like Ahmed, but I don’t think I would like to fly them all the time. But definitely working on them, planning what work is required to be performed during the maintenance heavy checks. This to me would be very satisfying. Right now, I get to travel to help negotiation contracts for our company. I am an aviation transactional attorney. I have done this for 32 year come August. I have traveled extensively and worked very hard through out that time. We have a saying that if you work in aviation, you age in dog years because the work doesn’t wait for you…everyone needs everything NOW!.
4. What would I like to see on my blog in future? I agree with Ahmed that I would like to see more planes and I have vowed to get out of my office more and take pictures of our planes that are close to home and not just aircraft that I am traveling on, although getting to fly on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner for the first time was a real treat for me.
5. What was the last dream I remember having? I don’t recall my dreams.
6. Flowers or chocolates? Definitely flowers!
7. What other hobbies do you have aside from blogging? I love to read and I love taking pictures, but what I love most is visiting with my family whenever I get a chance.
8. When was the last time you wrote a handwritten letter, who was it to? I wrote a birthday card to a dear friend only about a month ago. I love writing notes and cards to my friends and family!
9. What cheers you up on a dreary day? Well truly, the day itself, I love chilly, drizzly, miserable cold days…they cheer me up no end!
10. A picture paints a thousand words”- post a picture that you like and explain why. Danube Delta: Great White Pelicans and Great Cormorants. This is a picture that I took while on a vacation in Romania. Here in the Danube Delta, I was shooting with a new Sigma zoom lens from a motor boat that was flying around in circles on a huge lake. I felt very fortunate to get this shot. Looking at it reminds me that no matter how bumbling and inept you feel, you can get manage now and again to get it right! and now for the questions that Ahmed has posed to his nominees:
What photography topics attract you? any topic as long as I am looking through a lens.
Colour? black and white? or both? My father was a fantastic photographer and worked in black and white. I would have to say that B&W intimidates me since my father’s photographs were so wonderful, so I stick to color and like to fool around with effects using Hipstimatic on my iPhone.
Raw photos or processed photos? If I have the luxury of using RAW I will on smaller projects but if I am traveling I tend to use smaller formats.
What is your favourite food? I love turkish food and many Romanian dishes since I have spent a lot of time there….my favorites are fasole batuta and sarmale.
What is your favourite city/cities? I adore Istanbul and Paris but also love smaller places like Brasov and Sinaia in Romania.
Success is more linked to talent or theoretical study? In photography I think you have to have a good eye, but a good knowledge of the basics is always helpful.
What other hobbies do you have aside from blogging?I answered this one above:I love to read and I love taking pictures, but what I love most is visiting with my family whenever I get a chance.
Tell us more about you near-future career plan. I have had a wonderful career, and been very lucky to have worked for a family for 32 years so far. I look forward to keeping up my work for many more years. I love it.
What is your favourite genres of books/movies/music ? I love historical fiction and mysteries for pleasure reading, and love anything British when it comes to movies and TV. my music taste reveals my age I am afraid. I am a died in the wool rock and roller, having grown up with the Beatles, the Kinds, the Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, REM, well you get the picture….
“A picture paints a thousand words”- post a picture that you like and explain why. here is another one that I answered above at 10.
THE BLOGS THAT I NOMINATE FOR THIS AWARD ARE THE FOLLOWING:
These Blogs make me smile, stop thinking about my worries, transcend the everyday or magnify it, they make me feel better, like a sunny day does. I hope you will visit them and share my joy in having found them and become a regular visitor to them. To my nominees: if you are willing to accept your award, posted on my Awards Page, please answer the following questions are part of your compliance with the rules of acceptance.
1. what do you see that makes you want to snap a photo?
2. what does your favorite day look like?
3. dessert: cake or pie?
4. on a wintry day would you rather read or cook?
5. your dream vacation would be ?
6. do you have a pet? if so, introduce us?
7. what kind of car do you drive?
8. favorite activity after dinner?
9. when you awake on a saturday morning, what do you do?
10. what is your favorite weather?
hope you enjoy these questions!
Thank you Anna for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I am truly humbled by this act of kindness!
Please help me thank Anna by visiting her very special blog: My Eclectic Existence.
In accepting this nomination, I have to say seven random things about myself.
1. I come from a big family – I have five sisters.
2. I love Mary’s Gone Crackers – the original ones.
3. I am hooked on Scandal, even though I should know better.
4. my favorite color is green.
5. I like circles more than squares.
6. I love giving books to every child I know, in hopes of infecting them with a passion for reading.
7. I hate summertime.
I also have to pass this award on to 7 versatile blogs:
THEN I have to let these bloggers know they were nominated!